Thursday, March 7, 2013

favorite character #2

My favorite character is Bridget (Bee) MacFarland from The Second Summer of the Sisterhood. She's very happy, kind, and helps her friends. Bridget changed a lot because her mom passed away a year ago. This made her depressed and she quit soccer and became quiet. During the summer, she discovered letters from her grandma, that were addressed to her. She wants to visit her Grandma in Alabama, but her Dad won't let her. Bee decides that she's just going to go anyway. In the end, I think she became brave by learning about her Mom's past and hear how her Grandma tried to help Bee's mom.

I think Bee changed because she realized she can't be sad all the time, and she had to move on. Her friends were getting really worried about her. Bee finally understand what good it would do to her, if she just found out the truth, moved on, started playing soccer and talking to her friends. In the book, when Bee started playing soccer again, she realized how much she loved it and became happy.  Bee stood up against her Dad and made her own decision of visiting her Grandma. I admire her for this, because she was brave and independent.

I think Bee is a lot like me, because we have similar personalities. I try to help my friends and be happy. Bee MacFarland is a very cool character.

~Stef

2 comments:

  1. Bee was also one of my favorite characters but I liked her a lot better in the first book, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and the last book, Sisterhood Everlasting.

    ReplyDelete